SOLD $495,000 - Homes
Casa de Playa offers sensational value for money and has great development potential either as a boutique fishing or scuba diving resort or additional homes could be built on the property and sold separately or offered as vacation rentals.
The Property includes;
- A fully furnished 3,320 sq ft, 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom Beachfront Home on 3 levels with 10 ft wide ocean facing porch at 2nd level.
- A separate Apartment building on 2 levels with 2 Apartments, each 520 sq ft with 2 bedrooms and 1 Bathroom.
- A separate 450 sq ft workshop with tools and work benches.
- A separate shed with standby Generator generators, (1 gasoline & 1 diesel).
- A 154 foot private dock with boat hoist, 2nd story deck & palapa.
Access from Utila town center is via boat only, although there is a 4 wheel drive track running past the rear of the property and which passes by Utopia Dive Resort, Neptune’s Restaurant, Deep Blue Resort and finishes at Laguna Beach Resort on the west side of Utila’s Lower Lagoon.
Location & Views
Located on the South Shore at the west end of Utila directly opposite Utila’s Jewel Cay and 5 miles (20 minutes by boat) from Utila Town Center. The property has spectacular views to the Utila Cays and the mountains on the Honduras mainland.
- Electricity is provided by the Utila Power Company grid. There is a back-up diesel powered generator and back-up gasoline powered generator. Three roof-mounted solar panels are connected to a Xantrex Trace Series Inverter/Charger whose battery bank needs replacing.
- Water is provided by rainwater catchment feeding a 38,500 gallon [145,738 liter] 3 chamber cistern. From the cistern water is pumped by a 1.5 HP pressure pump to an 80 gal pressure tank which feeds through a triple filtration system supplying all interior faucets. Hot water is provided by a tankless on demand propane water heater. The 80 gal pressure vessel also feeds two other triple filtration systems with UV sterilizers supplied by Living Water USA and from there to separate drinking water faucets throughout the Beach House interior. There is also a private well with a 40 gal per min pressure pump which feeds all exterior faucets.
- Internet is provided by Metropolis – a local Utila ISP.
- TV (not connected) can be provided by various satellite service providers.
- Telephone is provided by cellular phone service from Claro (a major Central American cellular services
Both the main house and apartment building at the rear of the property are timber framed with a single pour reinforced concrete water cistern constructed at the rear and of each building acting as part of the foundations and hurricane anchor/support. The water cistern at the rear of the buildings and reinforced concrete columns towards the front of the buildings support the 2nd floor. Exterior walls are stained timber lap siding.
For the main house all walls & ceilings are insulated and finished with varnished wood paneling.
For the apartment building all interior walls & ceilings are insulated and finished with painted drywall.
The workshop is constructed of masonry blocks on a concrete slab. All roofing is long-life corrosion resistant cold rolled galvanized steel with Aluminum/Zinc/Silicon alloy and factory powder coating.
Windows are glass louvers set in aluminum frames.
The main house is air conditioned to all living spaces expect bathrooms and with ceiling fans to all interior and
The apartment building has ceiling fans only.
Floor Plans are available.
Also offered as a Utila vacation rental – rental history available to serious potential buyers.