SOLD $449,000 - Homes
Casa del Capitan is a luxurious new build located on the canal in the serene Coral Beach Village sub-division on Utila’s South Shore in an area known as Big Bight. This location serves as a superb vantage point for bird watching and observation of life in the lush green tropical mangroves.
Relaxation and appreciation for nature are what residents or visitors to this beautiful home automatically feel as they enter the high-ceiling sanctuary. The canal site allows for peace and serenity with the shore of the Caribbean Sea and the beach less than a ten minute walk away.
The home is 4,000 spacious square feet and built with comfortable tropical living in mind. The four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms can accommodate a large family or plenty of guests and a loft space can be utilized for an additional sleeping area, study, play room or exercise.
Careful consideration during the construction phase positioned Casa del Capitan on the 0.52 acre lot so that the predominant easterly trade winds blow through and act as a natural cooling system.
Outdoor living areas mesh seamlessly with the indoors through glass pane French doors which fold back to combine the spaces and also allow in natural light and the brilliance of the tropical environment. An observation deck on the 4th floor of the home offers unparalleled views of the island of Utila.
The large, wrap around covered patio on the main level of the home contains a barbecue and food preparation area as well as a conveniently placed outdoor shower with a door that leads into the powder room on the same floor.
Natural and local materials have been utilized throughout the construction of this home including Honduran hardwood for the custom made cabinetry and furniture in the kitchen, the bathroom cabinets and for the staircases. The elegant tile floors have been inlaid with custom mosaics throughout the home which has been tastefully decorated using neutral colors and refined designs which do not draw attention away from the splendor beyond the windows.
Storage was taken seriously with the design of this home and there is no lack of places to stow things away. Beneath the home there is a large storage space at ground level with dual roll down doors which could be used as a garage. There is also a laundry area with more space for storage, a clothes washer and dryer and outside keyed access The home is turn-key and move in ready and will be sold furnished including appliances, dishes and cutlery, linens, stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and high efficiency air conditioner systems in each bedroom with two additional systems in the main area of the house.
Casa del Capitan has its own integrated boat slip and dock with 40 feet of water front and the property is accessible via the protected canal system leading from the Oyster Bed Lagoon into Utila town. The lagoon system also leads out into the Caribbean Sea for boating, fishing and scuba diving outings.
Coral Beach Village is located at Utila’s South Shore and is home to Neptune’s beach bar and restaurant. If you don’t feel like cooking or crave a particular beverage, the welcoming air conditioned restaurant is a comfortable and close option.
- Designed and structurally engineered to US standards for wind and earthquakes.
- Designed to utilize stack ventilation for natural airflow.
- PEX plumbing throughout home.
- Foundation built on over 120 10″ piles driven to bedrock.
- Built using Structural Concrete Insulated Panels (SCIPs) imported from Gulf Concrete Technology in Puerto Rico, the home has a very high insulation rating.
- The light fixtures were all custom designed and locally made on the neighboring island of Roatan.
- The Master bedroom has a King Bed and an en suite master bathroom with shower, Jacuzzi tub and dual vanities.
- The Jr. Suite has an en suite bathroom includes shower and dual sink vanity.
- There are two twin beds on the 3rd floor in bedroom #3.
- There is a Queen swinging bed on the 3rd floor in bedroom #4 with a private patio.
- There is a shared bathroom on 3rd level for bedrooms 3 & 4 with a shower and dual sink vanity.
Also offered as a Utila vacation rental – rental history available to serious potential buyers.