For Sale $199,000 - Homes
Scuba, snorkel, fish and kayak from your front door! Move right in to this house with functional design, great indoor & outdoor living areas built for “full-time” island living.
With a spacious 1,345 square feet of total interior living areas and an additional 928 square feet of decking that wraps around the home there is plenty of room for family and guests. High vaulted ceilings add to the feeling of spaciousness and help to keep the home cool. Beneath the home there is a bodega (storage area), with 300 square feet.
Located on the desirable South Shore, about 1/2 way between Utila Town Center and the Utila Cays, and with beautiful views of the ocean and the mountains on the mainland of Honduras in the distance, this location is perfect for gazing at the Caribbean Sea from your front deck or getting involved in the many ocean activities available right from your front yard.
- Home was built to US standards with extra support and bracing, extensive hurricane strapping, house elevated on concrete pilings with concrete footers, insulation, wiring, and ground fault circuit interrupter (GFI) outlets by all sinks.
- All windows are double pane vinyl. All windows and French doors have attractive hurricane/security shutters.
- Whole house water treatment system with UV sterilization.
- Water supplied by 3 Rotoplast cisterns, 2 water pumps and a functioning concrete-block private well.
- On demand water heater.
- All faucets high end stainless steel to resist corrosion & pitting.
- Three chamber (stages) septic system with drain field.
- Air conditioned throughout with new 12,000 BTU split A/C units in both bedrooms, 36,000 BTU split A/C unit for living room/dining/kitchen.
- All rooms have ceiling fans including the bathrooms.
- Honduran hardwood flooring throughout, ceramic tile floors in bathrooms.
- Custom made kitchen & bathroom cabinets from local hardwoods (lots of storage space).
- Kitchen has 12 foot breakfast bar.
- Walk in laundry & pantry.
- Ground level lock-up garage/storage area
Sale Price includes all Furniture and Appliances which were imported from the USA; Washer & dryer, VHF radio/antennae, Handyman tools, saws etc, for all your repair needs & projects. Living room has sleeper sofa with queen bed, and love seat with twin bed and several air mattresses for guests. Luxury pillow top mattresses from USA. High quality, strong and sturdy bamboo furniture throughout. Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, gas stove/oven with griddle & grill cook top, microwave, bread machine, deep fryer, toaster, coffee machine, electric skillet includes all, dishes, utensils etc. Home theater stereo with DVD player. Ice machine. All linens. Propane gas tanks.
Excluded from the Sale Price but available to be sold separately: Honda Foreman 500 ATV with 4×6 Aluminum utility trailer, back-up Generator 7500 Watts,
Air Compressor for scuba tanks with six Scuba Tanks (owner requires buyer of compressor to be certified diver) (now sold), Kayak (single) with upgraded light-weight paddle, comfortable seat with back support.
Community Features: All homeowners in this Big Rock sub-division have shared use of a community dock for tying up your boat for the day, sunning, or just sitting and watching time go by.